I got this great family friendly recipe from a friend of mine and it was incredibly popular with my kids!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)500g Gluten Free Pasta
1kg Turkey Breast Fillet cut into cubes (Alternatively use Chicken Breast)
200g Whole Chorizo diced
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 Red Pepper diced
2 Gloves Garlic finely chopped or pressed
250ml Low Fat Creme Fraiche
2 teaspoons of Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon of Dried Chilli Flakes
2 x 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
1 x tablespoon of Tomato Pureee
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
Coconut Oil for cooking
Chopped Parsley for Garnish
Directions- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan on the hob before adding the Chorizo, fry for around 5 minutes until brown and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain the Chorizo oil from the pan and add a little more Coconut Oil, return to the heat and add the turkey chunks. Cook for about 5 - 10 minutes until brown and then remove from the pan
- Add the Onions, Garlic and Pepper to the pan and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the spices and seasoning and cook for a further minute before adding the Tomatoes and puree.
- Return the turkey and chorizo to the pan, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the pasta to instrcutions
- Add the creme fraiche to the tomato and meat sauce and stiry fry 2 or 3 times to heat gently.
- Combine the pasta and sauce and serve garnished with Parsley.